Today, being New Year’s Eve seems like the perfect day to reflect on the year 2012 and what is to come for the future.
Looking back, 2012 has pretty much been the best year of my life. 2012 has been the year of love, and of growth both professionally and spiritually. First and foremost, I got to marry my perfect match- Matthew, in a beautiful ceremony, surrounded by all the people we love most in this world (of course a few couldn’t make it, but you catch my drift). Secondly, I was able to use this thing I have always been turned off by, “networking” to get a job in a field I was always meant to be in… television. Lastly, in the beginning of 2012, not sure if we found it, or it found us, but Matt and I started attending Park Community Church. A church to many might not seem like a big deal, not enough to make a list of how great a year has been, but to me Park has truly changed me. So many wonderful things have come out of going to Park. Amazing friendships, an actual understanding of the bible, rather than the rituals, a deeper love for life as well as others, an even stronger connection with my husband, and some unexplained, almost supernatural things as well, we can discuss later. All of these things have helped to create an awesome year for me. I certainly cannot forget about all the relationships that grew stronger this year, in addition to all of the new relationships I have formed. What a year!
Anyhow, I finally watched the movie New Year’s Eve (side note- I thought it was going to be like Valentine’s Day, with too many A list actors and a lacking story line but I actually liked it a lot and shed some tears, of course). In Michelle Pfeiffer fashion, minus the depression, less than desirable wardrobe and “pitiful”-ness as Zac Efron so lovingly put it, I thought I could make a list of some of my own New Year’s Resolutions. Now Michelle (I like to talk as if I know her) had some outlandish things on her list. To me, her list was more of a bucket list, but I am going to try to make a list of things I can actually achieve in the year 2013. In life, I have found that by actually writing things down, results occur. I am a strong believer in creating a timeline of goals, because by you putting it out there into the universe, there is a natural response, which sounds very The Secret, but to me it is just prayers being answered, of course everyone is different.
- Like many women prepping for marriage, it was my goal to lose a certain amount of weight before the big day. I am happy to announce that I was able to reach my goal, but of course during our honeymoon, also known as Taste of Puerto Rico, all my hard work was ruined. It was worth it! Now this year, it is my goal to get my body to where I know it can be (college Cheerleading days?). The ways I plan to do this would be to find a fun activity for exercise, returning to the gluten free weekday eating with Matt, adding in one vegan day and reducing sugar intake.
- I resolve to be more available to my friends. I really appreciate being that friend whose advice is sought out. Also being that go-to person when something crazy random happens, but I do feel I have been lacking. I have turned into that text only friend, a person I didn’t want to become, but in 2013 things are changing.
- I will stop the coffee use and replace that caffeine addiction with a healthier alternative- green tea.
- It is my goal to be more active in church. I would like to attend more functions and volunteer as much as I can.
- My husband is a minimalist and extremely giving- he inspires me each and every day. I will try to adhere to his wishes and whenever I buy a new item of clothing, I will donate one.
- In the year 2013 I strive for a promotion. I know that I am new to TV One, but I expressed my need for growth in my interview and they hired me, so this year I will grow within my company.
- I would like to go on one big trip this year. Cannot be within the surrounding states and has to be longer than 4 days.
- With anything, you get as much out of it as you put in, and 2013 will be my first full year as a married woman. It is my goal to be the best wife I can be. For a long time I refused to even entertain the idea of marriage because I have always been surrounded by divorce and it’s an inner battle I face, but divorce will not happen here. I will practice patience, understanding and trust with every situation that arises and give my husband all of the love he needs and deserves for putting up with me 🙂
I think Michelle Pfeiffer’s character, Ingrid had 8 on her list, so I will stop there. I am so blessed for what 2012 has brought and I am so excited for 2013, we shall see how I do on my list. For all of those that had a hard year in 2012, I am so very sorry and I do hope that 2013 is your year! Don’t lose faith! I might suggest making a list of your own, never know what might happen. Enjoy today, tonight and please be safe bringing in the New Year!